Thursday, April 23, 2009

I hate JEA




First off I know I shouldn't talk about JEA, I have friends that work there and I feel like big brother is going to start watching me. The reason I'm so upset is two months ago JEA switched their online billpay to a different company so I had to re-enter all my information. Well the first month I sent the payment through, then a week later I get a new bill showing no payment and a late return check fee. So I go to the downtown office and I pay it, because I think I might have entered something wrong. The next month I do the same thing, re-enter all my bank information...making sure I didn't mess up any numbers, verifying my account information. The next bill shows up, showing non-payment, so I go down there and am ready to dispute it. At first I thought it might have been my error but not twice. I tried saying nicely to the customer service representative, "listen something is wrong with your system". But she tells me nothing is wrong I owe the return check fees. She made me feel like some poor person that is trying to scam the electric company out of some free service. I'm thinking two months ago I was an online bill payer, paying my bills on time, so what am I doing here. She wouldn’t take debit or check payment because now my account is in a delinquent status. So now I have to find a ATM machine. When I returned, I went to a different representative. I tell her my problem and that I would like to keep using the online bill pay, and I ask her if anyone else has had this problem. She looks at my info and she tells me that I should get this e-mail they just sent out a week ago. In the e-mail it says 1100 other people have had this problem tells me it’s a fault in the system, and I need to re-enter my info and it should be fine this time. She then takes off the return check charge.

My next bill says my balance is $210.43 they received a payment of $187.17, new charges before $23.26, new charges, and I owe 134.59.



First I'm pretty upset because I saved my last receipt and it says I paid $210.43. Now the bill shows that I only paid $187.17 and I owe the difference ($23.26) with the new charge of $134.59.

So I went down there again this morning to get the $23.26 taken off my bill. The representative tells me that I owe $134.59. I show her my receipt and then she showed me a bill with a return check charge of $23.26. I told her about the online bill pay problems I was having. She looked into it, told me the second time I paid was after the email was sent out, so I'm at fault. I never got the email because I had a new email address, and that I felt this issue was all JEA's fault. She asked if I re-entered my information, and I replied that I don't trust it, I might get charged a return check fee again. So finally she looks at my bill. I have two meters so I have two accounts on one bill. The first one is $69.53 and the second is $65.06, that equals $134.59. She tells me that I owe that much, which is my new balance from my bill. By this time I'm so confused by the way my bill is coded and I feel they can scam money from those that don't bother to look or are just not smart enough to figure it out.

So I figured out my bill and this is what it means. The $210.43 is how much I paid last time. $187.17 is how much I should have paid. The $23.26 is a credit not a charge maybe for my first return check fee. $187.17 minus $23.36 is my new charge 111.33 and how much I truthfully owe. The $134.59 is a bull crap scam number so that JEA can take a little bit of everyone knowing hoping we don't ask questions.

I did just pay it. I hate being in there, I hate that one representative will help you and the others treat you like your a liar.

Posted by tom p.

6 comments:

Jennifer Perez on April 23, 2009 at 1:24 PM said...

JEA is a bunch on Sh!t. They increased their rates and fees to cover the increase in fuel costs and now that fuel costs have gone down they are going to RAISE it again. Ummm shouldn't it be going down along with the cost of fuel. It's like adding insult to injury... People already struggling to keep the power on and now they are going to make it harder... Monopolies suck.

Anonymous said...

LOL...you should see how screwed up my JEA bill was about 4yrs ago. There all MAD!!!! Jea is a pain. They screwed up reading my meter for months then told me I owed all this money from them calculating it wrong...i had to go on a payment plan for like 4months from there errors and ofcourse they made me feel like I was to blame. CRAZY!

Unknown on April 23, 2009 at 2:34 PM said...

Tom, you're not the only one getting shafted. It's a monthly fight to see what b.s. fees they've tacked on for whatever reason they see fit and whether or not the posted the last payment correctly.

What people don't realize is that JEA is a community run utility. If we were all ticked off enough we could get the board booted out. But people are either blissfully unaware and just vote for the same people whose name they recognize, so we all end up getting shafted in the end.

Now JEA wants to go and build costly desalinization plants while Orlando gets to take pretty much all the water they can use from the St. Johns river.

They've spent millions in advertising revenue to tell us to conserve water, just so they can go and jack up the price 10% a year for the next 4 years.

Who trusts them running this electric monopoly? They can't even get billing correct.

DowntownParks on April 23, 2009 at 3:16 PM said...

I had the same thing happen to me!!!

Anonymous said...

Get 'em Tom! Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Anonymous said...

My hate for JEA goes beyond words it is a freaking scam non profit quasi city owned theft monger MF B@$!@*$! I hate them but the only game in town a freaking monoploy. who kicks the needy in the arse when they are down. THEIVES

Back the f up see more homie

JaxScene Mobile

Archive

Followers

 

Hit Counter

JAXSCENE. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved. Founded by Tom Pennington. "Revolution Two Church" theme heavily restructured and graphic designed by David Welch. jaxscenedavid@gmail.com