Wednesday, December 31, 2008

For News Sake.


The Pearl met with the Fire Marshall this week about renewing their capacity. Last Thursday The Pearl believed they were following the rules of their capacity but it turned out the Fire Marshall no longer allows a capacity for the outside. The Pearl was unaware of this and were including their outside capacity given to them when they open in the total. You are allowed to go outside but they only do capacity for the club as one entity. Which means you don't have a total outside capacity and an inside capacity anymore. I'm thinking this is a new law. The Pearl was unaware and never tried to update their inside capacity. The Pearl had a meeting with the Fire Marshall and had to remodel a bit - they cut down all the trees (just kidding), but I was told they have everything taken care of and their capacity is updated to the changes. They will be checking the number as people enter to prevent future shut downs.

In other news last week The Pearl and Eclipse received complaints to 911. I was at Eclipse when the Fire Marshall arrived and the Fire Marshall said they were fine. But it seems to me someone is getting off on making calls to the Fire Marshall forcing the clubs and their patrons to be hassled for a head count. Don't get me wrong I'm totally for club safety. But I think it's silly for a couple reasons: First, someone is making fake calls to 911 just to cause trouble. And then also that you can open a club and a year down the road the law changes then that club has to change after all that the owners invested thinking this is my occupancy, this is what I have to work with, I can have a back patio, so can I put up christmas lights, this is a historic building that has been here for a hundred years and since I open but now since Joe Enviousclubowner/ Christian Parent is complaining I have to widen the doorways a half inch on each side or I'm getting shut down. Club owners need news letters.

I don't know if this is true but I heard that any club that opens on or after January 1, 2009, and that doesn't have overhead fire sprinklers, their capacity is only allowed to be 99 people tops no matter how big it is. That is just one more thing keeping people with dreams from being club owners unless they have a extra 20 grand for a sprinkler system. Ending, once again I just heard the 99 capacity thing, someone tell me if I'm wrong. I love firemen, I don't won't to burn up in a building, but will I ever get to see a band at a small club for under $5. Is it possible to be safe now without shutting a club down or keeping them from opening.

I just wanted to say that. With that said there was a club fire in Bangkok, Thialand that killed 54 people and injured 100 during last night's New Years Celebration.

0 comments:

Back the f up see more homie

JaxScene Mobile

Archive

Followers

 

Hit Counter

JAXSCENE. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved. Founded by Tom Pennington. "Revolution Two Church" theme heavily restructured and graphic designed by David Welch. jaxscenedavid@gmail.com