Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Sinclair 6/13/09


What is a JaxScene contributors favorite thing to do?...........Go to a club or see a band they never seen before. Hold up that isn't funny, just true. This Saturday me and Jenny K got a chance to finally go have a few drinks at The Sinclair. The Sinclair is a new club downtown located at 521 W. Forsyth St. or where the old Voodoo Lounge use to be, and owned by Dang frontman Brennan Hamill. It's good to see them finally open up. I've heard rumors of it opening for the past six months. By my experience the mood of The Sinclair is fancy with no dress code. Fancy cause the way the club is decorated, makes me feel like I should be smoking out of a Sherlock Holmes style pipe. They have three large painting on the walls painted by Jacksonville artist Ryan Strasser and I believe they are all of famous authors. They have dj's but the music is low so you can hear it but still be able to talk comfortably. The upstairs from The Voodoo is still there but will more then likely be open just for the performing bands.



Click the photo for the full set. Pictures and posted by tom p.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to The Sinclair this evening and had a terrible experience. I want more than anything for some more bars to open in this town, especially downtown, and everything about The Sinclair could work if the staff were not impossibly rude. Simply stated, these people are in the wrong business. The space was inviting, the music great, and selection of beer and wine was adequate. At my suggestion several of my friends met there this evening. We ordered six bottles of wine and tipped well but the staff were simply rude from the moment we arrived and it only progressed with time to the point it was almost comical. Regretfully, I will never go back to this place and it had such promise. I even liked the monogrammed matchbooks. So if you go make sure to wear your skinny jeans because these people would rather not have your money unless you fit their target demographic.

Dennis on October 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM said...

The comment above is why I dislike anonymous reviews of venues et al.

Last night I went to the Sinclair for the first time as I live around the corner.

It's a great place on the inside and the beer/wine available is pretty good. The staff were nothing but extremely friendly and knowledgeable and talkative.

We discussed the paintings of authors up on the wall and they seemed pretty happy that we could name a few of them.

I would also say I do not fit the above comments about some "skinny jean" demographics and when I was in there it was a wide range of people from old to young, hopelessly hip to tragically square (like myself).

Great place and it will definitely become my local.

Back the f up see more homie

JaxScene Mobile

Archive

Followers

 

Hit Counter

JAXSCENE. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved. Founded by Tom Pennington. "Revolution Two Church" theme heavily restructured and graphic designed by David Welch. jaxscenedavid@gmail.com