Friday, July 17, 2009

Jaxscene and REAX Merge


So I've been waiting a while to announce this. Last night I met up with the people from REAX, we have been having meetings about Jaxscene and REAX working together. We talked about the web design and how it will take a couple months to complete and decided to just start the transition now before the site design is finished. So in the next couple weeks/months you will start seeing Jaxscene slowly switch over to a Jaxscene REAX.



For those that don't know what REAX is it's a monthly publication that you can pick up at presently 18 locations around Jacksonville. They are a Music, Art, and Culture Magazine. They also have their issues viewable online. Most of there articles cover things that involve Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, and just recently Jacksonville and St. Augustine. The cool thing about it is it's distributed nationwide so coverage from Jacksonville will be sent to California, Minnesota, Oregon, Maine, and more and also take subscriptions. I heard a story of a girl from I believe Scandinavia, telling REAX how she enjoys their magazine. So I'm basically going to cover Jacksonville events with Jon Bosworth, and also be the Jacksonville web presence, to give people that extra exposure I believe is important and good for our city.

What this means for Jaxscene...hopefully it won't change much just get better. REAX talked about how Jaxscene has a community feel to it and wants it to stay that way. You will still have a blog style set up and a way to view just Jacksonville as you do Jaxscene. I currently get zero dollars for Jaxscene and never get offered free anything and this is what you get. With REAX there might be some funding so you will see me covering more things in way I always wanted to. As far as the contributors of Jaxscene I hope they don't go anywhere and stick with me. Sure that's hard to ask for, I think the Jaxscene contributors are some of the nicest people who care the most about this city.

Well that's the news. If you have never seen REAX - get it, support it, it supports you. Looking forward to the things to come, tom p.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rad

duval destroyer on July 17, 2009 at 1:35 PM said...

GOOD NEWS...

Unknown on July 17, 2009 at 1:38 PM said...

Congratulations JaxScene! Well deserved. I'm looking forward to the changes.

David on July 17, 2009 at 5:30 PM said...

WOW. well you know where I'll be if you need help. I had many ideas for jaxscene but not a lot of time recently. I wanted to post more interviews, local music reviews, and jaxscene TV(my new roommate has his own production studio and HD camera). I wonder if these could still happen.

duval destroyer on July 17, 2009 at 11:55 PM said...

jaxscene tv/urbanjax tv ideas have been on my mind lately as well.

Back the f up see more homie

JaxScene Mobile

Archive

Followers

 

Hit Counter

JAXSCENE. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved. Founded by Tom Pennington. "Revolution Two Church" theme heavily restructured and graphic designed by David Welch. jaxscenedavid@gmail.com