Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gaza Protest in 5 Points 1/10/09


Shame on me for waiting this long to post these pics, but here's the lot.


IMG_1949
Click on image for full set.


While I most certainly will not weigh in on my stance on this issue, I will comment on the protest itself. All in all, it was a well-organized, diverse, and peaceful protest. That being said, I got the impression that some of the children there were beinf exploited for the purposes of the protest. You can tell when someone has no idea why they are doing something other than it's what everyone else is doing or because you were told to do so and that's the vibe I got off most of the younger kids. Some of the older kids almost looked like they were having too much fun as opposed to really taking a stand, but kids will be kids I guess.


IMG_1947


There was a little excitement when one leathered-out redneck on his bicycle started causing trouble. He was asked politely to leave by what appeared to be a 5P merchant or some other spectator not affiliated with the protest. He left but came back soon later and the cops got involved. He wasn't too happy about the whole deal. Look, here he is calling me a faggot when I took his picture!


IMG_1964


In the end he got what was coming to him and while he had just as much a right to express his opinion as the protesters did, he did appear to be a threat to the peaceful nature of the assembly.


IMG_1968


Posted by Jack Diablo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a single mention of WHY Israel invaded Gaza, AGAIN. That would be missile strikes from Gaza into Israel over and over and over and over and over.....

I guess, terrorism is ok if the terrorists are on your side. Hamas is a terrorist organization that will not quit until every Israeli is dead. The destruction of Israel is in their charter.

If a group of terrorist Canadians started lobbing missiles into towns on the border with the United States, what would you want the response to be?

Anonymous said...

As I said, I'm not chiming in on my personal feelings about the issue. I'm simply posting pictures of an event that took place in my neighborhood and commenting on the nature of the protest in general. If you are looking for a place to discuss this, head on over to http://jaxscene.ning.com and start a forum thread.

Back the f up see more homie

JaxScene Mobile

Archive

Followers

 

Hit Counter

JAXSCENE. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved. Founded by Tom Pennington. "Revolution Two Church" theme heavily restructured and graphic designed by David Welch. jaxscenedavid@gmail.com