Thursday, January 8, 2009

Something New: Armageddon Visuals


I know the issue has been raised about how to provide a forward momentum to the Jacksonville art scene. After yesterday's Art Walk I think it might be inevitable. I had a blast, there was so much good talent, the skateboard show was impressive. I'm glad as a city we were able to put that together, it makes me happy to live in Jacksonville.

Back to what I was getting at, for a while now I have been printing posters of my own and since moving print equipment into the BBB Warehouse I decided to put together a printshop. The idea is to start printing limited edition screen print posters with local artists and provide a way to make it seen worldwide and purchasable at an affordable price. I also want to start doing free wall murals for anyone who has the space with some of these artists like the ones I did at TSI, The Pearl, and The Pearl second wall. So if you have wall space inside or outside that you would like a mural on let us know.

Today I put up a new poster by the artist Regret. It's a 19" x 25" limited edition to 100, screen print signed and numbered. For $25 shipped. It's our first print and can be purchased at armageddonvisuals.blogspot.com. In the future the edition will most likely be smaller depending on the image.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up Tom. I told ya I wanted on of these man! LOL! I just purchased one of the prints through your new blog. Ill talk to ya real soon about swinging by the shop. Maybe sometime next week er so. I really want to get into making some limited ed. prints. The new blog is the shit!-B.Gray

Unknown on January 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM said...

Tom, I'm glad you were impressed by the skateboard art show I'M BOARD III. It's been my baby for the past 3 years and I feel it reached it's true potential the other night. Jacksonville has so much potential we just need to tap into it.

I would love to do some collaborations with you in regards to the poster.

PS Thanks for taking so many rad pics of the event.

jaxscene on January 9, 2009 at 2:57 PM said...

@ Brian. i totally have you in mind i can't wait. thanks for the support. if people knew who was lined up so far to print they would freak. yeah lets get in touch sooner better then later.

@ chad. amir is the one that took so many pictures. i have some but i haven't put them up yet that and some video. coming soon. as far as the poster true lets get on it.

Back the f up see more homie

JaxScene Mobile

Archive

Followers

 

Hit Counter

JAXSCENE. Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved. Founded by Tom Pennington. "Revolution Two Church" theme heavily restructured and graphic designed by David Welch. jaxscenedavid@gmail.com